Adult Day Health Care
The only program of its kind in this region, Cortland Regional’s
Adult Day Health Care (ADHC) provides comprehensive health care services
to the disabled, chronically ill, and elderly in a comfortable, homelike
setting. Blending nursing care with social activities in a cheerful, rehabilitative
environment, our program treats every person as an individual and not
as a person with disabilities.
ADHC clients are often coping with a variety of health challenges, from
varying stages of dementia or uncontrolled diabetes, to mental health
and cardiac conditions, and more. Our program operates Monday through
Saturday and is especially helpful for primary caregivers who are employed
outside the home. Services include (but are not limited to):
- Administration of medications
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Nursing and personal care needs, including wound care, showers
- Prescription and appointment management
- Onsite beautician
- Social work and community resource support to help guide patients and families
through available options.
- Recreation therapy, including crafts, baking, exercise, therapy pet visits,
live music and more.
Watch this award-winning video from the Adult Day Health Care Council to
learn more about the benefits of these programs.
For more information please call 607-756-3916.