Cortland Surgical Services
Great Hands. Great Results.
Having surgery is often a major life event, and we understand how overwhelming
this can be for both patients and their supporting caregivers. At Cortland
Regional you’re in great hands with our expert surgeons, anesthesiologists,
or technicians, and nursing staff who will guide you every step of the
way from pre-op testing through to recovery.
Whether you are here for a total hip replacement or for a simple, outpatient
procedure, our job is to deliver high-quality, compassionate care and
to get you great results. Cortland Regional is proud to have a team of
experienced perioperative staff and two extensively trained general surgeons
who perform a wide variety of invasive and non- invasive surgical procedures.
General surgical procedures include but are not limited to:
- Appendectomies (primarily lapraroscopic)
- Biopsy procedures
- Bowel resections and repair
- Breast biopsies, lumpectomies and mastectomies
- Gallbladder removal (primarily laparoscopic)
- Hernia repair
- Insertion of intravenous devices (chemotherapy and infusion services)
- Insertion of loop recorders and pacemakers
- Reflux Procedures (including Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication)
Our surgical team is further supported by Cortland Regional specialists in:
Our surgical capabilities extend well beyond our facility. Other specialists
within our community complement and support Cortland Regional’s
surgical team and ensure that you have access to even more options. In
collaboration with Cortland Regional providers and staff, these board-certified
specialists offer the following surgical services at our hospital.