Paying for Your Care

Standard Charges

Hospitals are required by law to make information available about their standard charges for the items and services they provide. This information is available for download on our website, by calling 607-756-3838 or contacting Cortland Regional Medical Center, 134 Homer Avenue, Cortland, NY 13045  Attn: Patient Financial Navigator.  If you do not have health insurance, you may be eligible for assistance in paying your hospital bills. Contact our Financial Assistance Office at (607)-756-3838 for more information.

Staying In Network

CRMC is a participating provider in many health plan networks. Some health plans use smaller networks for certain products they offer so it is important to check whether we participate in the specific plan you are covered by.  Our list will tell you if we do not participate in all of a health plan’s products.

Hospital-Employed Service Providers

Physician services you receive in the hospital are not included in the hospital’s charges. Physicians who provide services at the hospital may be independent voluntary physicians or they may be employed by the hospital. Physicians bill for their services separately and may or may not participate in the same health plans as the hospital. You should check with the physician arranging your hospital services to determine which plans that physician participates in. If your doctor is employed by the hospital, Please contact our billing department with any questions or concerns related to your bill or to set up a payment plan by calling (607)-758-8019.

Contracted Service Providers

CRMC contracts with a number of other physician groups, such as anesthesiologists, radiologists and pathologists, to provide services at the hospital. Check with the physician arranging for your hospital services to determine whether the services of any contracted physicians will be required for your care. Your physician can provide you with the name, practice name, mailing address and telephone number of any physicians whose services may be needed. You should contact these groups directly to find out which health plans they participate in.