Cancer Care Network
Cortland Regional Medical Center is pleased to offer a new program in cancer care called Cancer Nurse Navigator. Patient Navigation is a free patient support service in which a specially-trained nurse guides you through the cancer care system.
Often, patients face gaps in service as well as fragmented care. The Navigator works to remove those barriers to help you get the care you need. This one-on-one service makes sure that your needs are met in a timely manner, your questions are answered, and fears and anxiety are addressed with compassion.
The Cancer Nurse Navigator is able to:
- Guide you through the health care system
- Help you with find ways to pay for health care if you do not have insurance
- Direct you to local resources and support
- Help you keep track of and find ways to get to your appointments
- Help you get your questions answered
- Help you find more information on health care